In this week’s Throwback Thursday, we highlight the Categories feature!
This feature has been out for quite some time, but it seems that only a fraction of our merchants are using it. It could really help parents who are looking for events focused around kids, or for adults looking for a date night and they want to narrow the search down to just adult activities. If you want a video and steps to help you set categories up, hit this link or follow the directions below.
Otherwise here are some simple steps to get you headed in the right direction!
- Start on your PlaceFull Dashboard.
- Click on the “Manage” tab in the menu. Then click on the “Category” tab.
- Next, click on the green “Add new Category” button.
- Add the category name, existing listings it goes to, and a brief description. Then hit “Save”.
- You just created a new category.
- Here is a link to a video if you’re still confused heres a video.
Another way to create categories is if you follow these steps below:
- Make sure you are on PlaceFull’s website on your listings page.
- To start, you must be in “edit” mode of a listing.
- Then, hit the top middle edit button.
- Next click “Add a new category here” preferably on the “here”.
- This will take you to another tab where you can add a category name, valid listings, and a brief description. Once done with that hit “save” and go back to the original tab.
- From here exit the edit screen and open it again and the new category should be in there if you added it to this specific listing.
- If not, click on the category search bar and locate your category and add it to the listing.
- Make sure to save it by clicking on the green “Save” button!
- Here is a link to a video if you are still confused watch this video to!
To Add a Listing to a category:
- First, go to the listing.
- Click on green “Edit” circle.
- Then, under the “Category” section click the category/s that you want this listing to go into. Hit “Save” and you are done.
Come back next week for another Throwback Thursday Blog Post!