In this week’s Throwback Thursday Feature Refresh we highlight organizing your listings in Categories! This will help make it easier for your customers to navigate your website. If you want to put all your kids events in one area and adult events in another, you can do it if you follow the few steps below. Here is a link to the tutorial as well on PlaceFulls knowledge base.
Also if you want to see a good example of how one of PlaceFulls customers uses categories, go to this link. If you hover over their “Events” bar on top, you can see how they separated their events into Kids, Adults and Parties.
- Start by going to the “Manage” tab on PlaceFull, then hit the “Categories” tab.
- Next, click “Add New Category”.
- Next, you will name your category by selecting the “Category Name” title bar. Then select the listings that follow under the category by selecting the “Valid Listings” type bar. Then click “Save”.
- Next step, you will go to “Publish” in the menu bar.
- You will now scroll down a little bit till you see the “Listing Categories” title bar. Select the category you want to post to your website. A text box with the HTML code will appear below. Copy this HTML code and paste it to your website in the HTML text box your website creator holds.
If you want to learn how to add a listing to a category from the listing then continue:
- Go to the listing you want to add to a category. Then, click on the green edit button that is boxed with a red box in the image below.
- Next, click on the “Category” text box and select what category/s you want to add to the listing.
- Then “Save” and your are good to go.
If you still need help, please call or email PlaceFull support.